Mon, 23 Oct|
Beginners Evening - South Stoke 5k
An undulating 5k loop with valley views along the Limestone Link
Time & Location
23 Oct 2023, 18:00 – 19:00
South Stoke, Old School Hill, South Stoke, Bath BA2, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before attending:
Welcome to our beginners evening events! These sessions are truly for all abilities, opening up the world of trail running for everyone. We will meet in various locations, most Monday evenings. Some weeks we will just run a complete beginners group where we go on a run/walk, couch to 5k style adventure on the trails. Some weeks we will add a second group which will be slightly harder.
We’ll meet at the red phone box in South Stoke, at the end of Old School Hill, for a steady 5K loop. The route starts with a quick descent down towards Midford before joining onto the Limestone Link, offering great views through the Upper Midford Valley before a steady, but challenging climb back to South Stoke to finish. Parking is free in the village, but be mindful not to block any of the local’s driveways. Car sharing is strongly advised. There’s an option for a quick drink in the Packhorse Inn after!
Approximate distance: 4.3km Approximate elevation: 110m Expected terrain: Rocky, woodland, and countryside trails Entry requirements: Good fitness is required, but all levels are welcome if you’re happy with a technical descent and reasonable climb (which you can hike).
What3Words Location: fuel.gross.avenue
- Trail running shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necessary
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders