Thu, 29 Dec|
Taf Fechan Forest Car Park
Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Loop
A 23km mountain ridge circular route taking in Pen Y Fan, Corn Du and Fan Y Big.
Time & Location
29 Dec 2022, 08:00 – 12:00
Taf Fechan Forest Car Park, Dyfed, Kings Rd, Llandovery CF48 2UT, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before registering for an event:
This run is appropriate for advanced/expereinced trail runners due to the changable weather conditions in the mountains at this time of year. The loop covers various peaks such as Pen Y Fan, Corn Du, Fan Y Big and Cribyn.
Meet at the Taf Fechan Forest Car Park which is the start and end of the loop. The run will likely take around 3 hours due to it's technical and hilly nature. Please ensure you have EVERYTHING on the essential kit list.
Approximate Distance: 23km
Approximate Elevation: ~900m
Expected Terrain: Muddy and rocky trails, exposed ridges
Run Leader: Various
Entry Requirements: This is an advanced run for experienced and fit trail runners. You should be able to run 10k in 50 minutes or less to take part in this run. Mountain experience is preferred but not essential.
- Trail running shoes
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket
- Spare warm mid layer in case of extreme changes in weather
- Warm hat and gloves
- Minimum 2 x 500ml of water
- Some form of sodium in food or drink
- Minimum 400kcal of food
- Spare, warm change of clothes in the car
- Spare food and drink in the car
- A fully charged phone with the what3words app installed
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders