Sun, 25 Feb|
Cliff Street Car Park
"The Big Cheese"
Following the route of trail race classic in Cheddar!
Time & Location
25 Feb 2024, 08:00 – 8:05
Cliff Street Car Park, Cliff St, Cheddar BS27 3PS, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before attending:
Meet in Cliff Sreet car park at 07:45. It's a short walk to the start of the route and we'll be beginning the run at 08:00.
Parking is via the PaybyPhone App and is approx. £3
This notoriously hilly race route gives great opportunity for taking in the breathtaking surroundings and a chance to practice your hiking. As well as traversing the Cheddar Gorge, we'll alos be heading out to Beacon Batch, the highets point in the Mendips.
Approximate Distance: 24km
Approximate Elevation: 680m
Expected Terrain: Footpaths, rocky and technical sections, grassy open hills.
Run Leader: Ash Tuck
What3words location: unzips.settle.obliging
- Trail running shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necesarry
- Minimum 1000ml of water
- Some form of sodium in food or drink
- Minimum 200kcal of food
- A fully charged phone
Recommended Extra Kit:
- First Aid Kit
- Foil Blanket
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders